Great resources to ID fake pictures! http://www.dailydot.com/lol/3-ways-to-tell-if-photo-is-fake/
What an incite in to what the future may be. See this Microsoft Demo of their HoloLens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu0gM0_vxIM
FREE CK-12 Brain Flex - A free and self-paced online summer program that has students working on the subjects of math and science.
TenMarks - A free online adaptive program that has students strengthen their math skills while receiving detailed results.
4 Ways Digital Tech Has Changed K-12 Learning http://thejournal.com/articles/2015/05/20/4-ways-digital-tech-has-changed-k12-learning.aspx
Sir Kenneth Robnson , the speaker of the viral TED Talk “How Schools Kill Creativity” and the popular animated video “Changing Education Paradigms” (with more than 13 million views) about his thoughts on student engagement and testing, the future of teacher education programs, and why vocational education maters.
Education Chats on Twitter https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiftIdjCeWSXdDRLRzNsVktUUGJpRWJhdUlWLS1Genc#gid=0
Free EdWeb webinar: Teaching K-3 to Code Around the World June 4, 2015 4:00-5 Join the live session at the scheduled time at: www.instantpresenter.com/edweb31.
Presented by Grant Hosford, CEO & co-founder of codeSpark, and Joe Shochet, Head of Product & co-founder of codeSpark
How do you prepare a global generation of young learners to create and compete in our increasingly digital world? How do you reach kids from the Upper East Side in NYC to rural Sri Lanka with the same tool? Join Grant Hosford and Joe Shochet, co-founders of the award-winning learning game company codeSpark as they discuss the primary research and third party research that fuels their game development. This webinar will be valuable for administrators, teachers, curriculum experts, parents, and STEM specialists.
- codeSpark research with thousands of kids – including paper prototypes and digital prototypes
- Third party research from Tufts and MIT that inspired Grant and Joe
- A surprising reason all kids should learn about computer science
- Data from Concepts vs. Skills
- What codeSpark has learned about girls
- Why codeSpark believe silliness is under appreciated as a teaching tool!
Join the Teaching Kids to Code community to access the webinar recording and resources.
DimensionU Announces 2015 Summer Chill Video Game Competition
5-Week Video Game Event Keeps Kids Fresh and Ready for 2015-16!
RICHMOND, VA – May 26, 2015 - For parents and educators looking to keep students academically engaged this summer, look no further! DimensionU, Inc., the award-winning educational video game developer, announced today that registration has opened for its second annual summer video game challenge called the 2015 Summer Chill Math Games Tournament. The virtual competition is designed to combine the excitement of first-person multiplayer video games with rigorous mathematics curriculum, plus the chance to win some very cool prizes during the summer. It’s a win-win for parents, students and educators! For more information or to register, go to www.dimensionu.com.
“The 2015 Summer Chill is a really simple, low-cost summer enrichment program, which is accessible on your mobile device or home computer,” said Steven Hoy, CEO of DimensionU. “Parents tell us all the time how much their kids enjoy using DimensionU and that it is helping make a huge difference for them academically,” added Hoy.
The Summer Chill competition officially starts Monday, June 15, 2015; however, students are encouraged to play DimensionU now to prepare.
FREE online PD
- Monday, June 8th at 8pm TL Virtual Cafe - #TLChat LIVE!, Second Monday of each month is the Teacher Librarian Twitter Chat. Follow #TLChat on Twitter to participate.
- Tuesday, June 9th - Thursday, June 11th in Washington D.C. 22nd Annual NMC Summer Conference, The NMC Summer Conference is a one-of-a-kind event, attracting highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry. This is your opportunity to connect with thought leaders within the education industry who are pushing the envelope to infuse innovation and creativity into learning experiences worldwide. Gain tremendous insight on planning for, implementing, and evaluating cutting-edge technologies and learning approaches. More information at http://www.nmc.org/events/2015-nmc-summer-conference/.
- Saturday, June 13th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Math Playground Games and Apps with Colleen King, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, June 14th at 7pm TechEducator Podcast: Google Maps with Josh and Friends, Bring the power of custom maps to your students using Google MyMaps. This flexible platform allows students to create and customize points on a map for any use you can imagine, from plotting a story to creating a collaborative map of the world's volcanoes. Be sure to watch to get some ideas about how you can use this tool in a variety of content areas! More information here.
- Monday, June 15th at 8pm TL News Night LIVE!, This is a LIVE show presented in news show format featuring a Wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” and deeper discussion of topical school library issues with special guest experts. Did we mention it was LIVE? Join here.
- Saturday, June 20th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Ten Marks Math Program, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, June 21st at 7pm TechEducator Podcast: Get your ISTE on!, The ISTE Conference is just one week away. What do I need to do to have a successful conference? What should I pack? What sessions should I attend? Join us LIVE to talk about this amazing week of networking. More information here.
All events are listed in US-Eastern Time. To become an event partner and have your events listed here, please email email@example.com. For a full calendar of all upcoming events and conferences, click here.
Videos from real world events http://www.itnedu.com/
The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids: 239 Cool Sites About Science, Technology, Engineering and Math http://www.mastersindatascience.org/blog/the-ultimate-stem-guide-for-kids-239-cool-sites-about-science-technology-engineering-and-math/
20 STEM activities for kids this summer http://www.teachthought.com/maker-movement/20-stem-activities-for-kids-this-summer/
Teaching your kids to code… resources galour… https://www.edsurge.com/guide/teaching-kids-to-code
10 apps and online museum resources http://classtechtips.com/2015/06/06/10-apps-and-online-museum-resources/
Public Domain, Copyright Free, Open Source, and Student Use Images and Media http://eduscapes.com/tap/topic98.htm
FREE: CompetencyWorks - Implementing Competency Education in K-12 Systems: Insights from Local Leaders Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET (register)